Monday, January 16, 2012

Inaugural Post

This blog has a number of inspirations. I've been reading any number of blogs regularly, and have been informed and inspired by them in a great number of ways. I've been wanting a fun way to write more, in order to just write more, generally, and make finishing my dissertation easier, specifically. I've missed blogging, to be honest, but could never find quite the motivation when I was going about my day to day. I'm also about half way through Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project, and it's made me want to find small ways to remind myself about the ways I'm happy, because I tend to forget.

So the title for this blog, though simple, is really quite apt: "Thank God", both as a casual idiom, but also as a reminder to make room for spirituality in the day to day; "good friends", which is both who I'd like to stay in better touch with through a blog, as well as who I'm truly surrounded by when I remember to look up; and good food, the pursuit of which, when I'm being honest with myself, is probably my biggest hobby.

So I'll write to remember great conversations or adventures with friends, kitchen successes and failures, and anecdotes from the weird journey that is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment